March 21, 2009

Family Day

This morning, six of us squeezed in my dad's car and went to tomb sweepings.
Both of my great grandfathers' and grandfather's tomb are located at 2 different places in Klang.

If I am not mistaken, today is the 1st time 4 of us accompanying our parents for this festival. We might have going together like today when we were young, but I could not remember at all. Perhaps, we had not....it has been any of us who were free following or accompanying them instead. I could only remember I cried pestering my parents to follow them to tomb sweeping, I was five in that year. My dad shouldered me climbing fences surrounding tombs before reaching my grandpa's tomb. It was a raining day and both of us nearly stumbled on the fence.

We had Bak Kut Teh after sweeping my great grandfathers' tombs with uncle, aunt and cousin.
Then my family only went to sweep my grandfather's tomb at further distance from Klang downtown.Before back to KL, we looked for the "ABC" ices at the old hawker place.This was one of the food spot my father used to bring us for when we came to Klang during Sunday.

Though it was a normal Sunday or just a "duplicate" Sunday we used to have, this was a great and precious time we had other than the Chinese New Year nowsaday. In fact, we had not been living under same roof since Sept 2006:
  • 1996 Sept --I left for study
  • 1998 July - Chung Yau left for study at early month, I returned in month end
  • 1999 Sept --I left for working
  • 2004 June -Chung Yang left for study
  • 2004 July -- I returned for good
  • 2007 Dec - Chung Yau returned for good, but always lives outside rather than home.
  • 2008 Oct -Yee Jia left for working.
  • 2008 Nov - Chung Yau married and moved out.

Returning home at afternoon, Chung Yang started getting himself prepared to catch his bus back to Singapore. Chung Yau returned his home after meal, Yee Jia will return to HK in coming Thursday when she need to return to her work.

I missed those days we waited for each other watching Hong Kong drama /movie rented, or evenings we watched dramas from TV2 or TV3 with our dinner plates on our hand respectively.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Friendships (even the few true ones) may come, but fade and disappear with time. But the bonds between parents and their sons & daughters; and that between siblings will always be. Continuously reaffirmed from birth, through the good & bleak times, from childhood into adulthood, it can invariably withstand, outlast & grow from any tiffs & rough patches; that would have probably fractured (if not ended) other relationships. Such is the power, magnanimity, resilience & bliss of immediate family bonds...亲情永固...

Anonymous said...

随聊视频聊天室 , 网爱吧多人视频聊天室 , 爱就爱吧视频聊天室 , 就爱吧聊天室下载 , 网爱吧聊天室 , 奇摩女孩免费视讯网 , 台湾甜心女孩视讯 , 甜心女孩视讯 , 台湾甜心女孩聊天室 , 台湾甜心聊天室